We are in desperate need of volunteers and foster homes in both Buffalo & Rochester, NY.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Home Visits- We require a home visit prior to placing any dog in a new home. This is a good opportunity to address any safety concerns and ensure that the household is a good fit for one of our dogs.
- Transports- Many of our dogs come from shelters and breeder releases in Ohio and Pennsylvania. We frequently need volunteer drivers to pick up dogs and help them on their way to rescue. Most trips are about an hour each way. We also need regular transporting of dogs between Buffalo and Rochester.
- Fundraising- We operate completely upon donations and could always use a helping hand organizing and orchestrating fundraising events.
- Working at our Adoption Center- Our adoption center is located at 775 Niagara Falls Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14226 and we operate on weekends. We need volunteers at our adoption center to care for the dogs and speak with visitors about or dogs and adoption process.
Save a life- Foster a Dog!
- Fostering is a very rewarding experience and having a safe place to go to is the difference between life or death for most of our dogs.
- As a foster parent, you'll be responsible for the day to day care of your foster dog. This includes the care you provide to your own dog: food, water, pet meds, exercise, socialization and basic at home grooming.
- We cover all veterinary expenses for your foster dog.
- As a foster parent, you can choose to take an active role in the adoption of your dog. You can contact the applicant, check the references and do the home visit yourself.
- Knowing your foster dog has a wonderful home is the icing on the cake for our foster parents.
A lot of work goes into saving the dogs that come into our rescue. We are one big team of volunteers, but we need you! Please fill out your Volunteer Application today and help us save even more lives!