|ID: 01108||Age: 3 Years||Good with cats: Yes||Status: Adopted|
|Name: Bettie Paige||Weight: 18lbs||Good with dogs: Yes||Requested Donation: $250|
|Breed: Pug||Good with children: Yes||Location: Rochester|
|Sex: Female||Housebroken: In process||Senior 4 Senior: No |
Click on Bettie Paige's picture to see more of her!
Click here to display Bettie Paige's intake record.
Click here to see a video of Bettie Paige
Bettie Paige is such a doll! She has spent her first 3 years as a puppy mill mama, and then ended up in a high kill shelter. Buffalo Pugs saw this poor girl and couldn’t leave her behind!
Bettie is heartworm positive, which literally means she has worms filling her heart! If not treated, heart worm can be fatal, so this week she will begin treatment and then need several weeks of rest before she can go to her forever home. Once the heart worm is gone, she will need to remain on heart worm preventative for life!
What we know about Bettie Paige:
1. She is absolutely GORGEOUS!
2. Bettie adores attention and being pet and held!
3. She is quiet in her crate and tries hard to not have any accidents in there.
4. She walks pretty well on a leash and doesn’t pull! She’s too interested in her human!
5. She is great with kids, loves to give kisses!
6. Bettie’s silly teeth poke out and sometimes her tongue too!
7. Bettie is always happy, and a true joy to be around!
8. She loves treats, and is food motivated which will make her easily trainable!
9. She gets along GREAT with other dogs, and probably would be fine with cats too!
And most importantly…
10. Bettie Paige deserves the best of the best. She has such a beautiful soul and was dealt a bad hand. It’s our job to ensure that she goes to a Forever Home that will love and appreciate her for the wonderful puggy that she is! We plan to make sure that Bettie never lacks anything again. A simple pill once a month could have prevented worms from invading her body. Her treatment is going to be painful at times, and this gal doesn’t deserve to have to endure that, or be confined to a small area to rest, but it is what we have to do to undo the wrong doings of another.
We know the right family for Bettie Paige is out there. She’s our pin up gal, for sure! Please consider sponsoring Bettie in hopes that she makes a quick recovery! If you think she’s the “one” to complete your family, please submit an adoption application.
NOTE: We may not follow up with applicants until her treatment is complete.
Bettie Paige is being fostered in Rochester.
We are trying to raise the funds to pay for her treatment. Her treatment going to cost us $371, if you can help and donate, please click the PayPal link below.
Bettie Paige's adoption donation is $275.00!
Special thanks to these sponsors:
leslie m donated $25.00
Jenna H donated $20.00